30 Jun What are the Duties of a Worker’s Compensation Attorney?
The goal of the worker’s compensation lawyers is to represent the injured worker or claimant obtain their benefits. If the lawyer is working for the other side, the worker’s compensation attorney represents the defendant in mitigating their liability.
Here are the Typical Duties of a Worker’s Compensation Lawyer :
• Gathering medical records and medical evidence.
• Taking the depositions of the medical experts, physicians, claimant, and other parties.
• Conducting discovery.
• Remaining current with the developments of law.
• Performing legal research.
• Litigating cases before a referee or a worker’s compensation judge.
• Drafting pleadings, motions, opinions, briefs, and other legal documents.